My goal in choosing to run for the Auburn School Board is to be part of the Board Superintendent Governance Team, not to push my personal agenda. Our family has loved our school experience in ASD. My daughter has had amazing teachers, tremendously supportive and innovative instructional leaders, and wonderful staff.
If I have the honor of being elected, here are my top priorities as a board member:
- I believe it is my calling in public education to share my time and talents to serve students, families, educators, and the community. As a member of the Auburn School Board, I believe my professional skills and experience will benefit our community and support our district goals.
- I represent different groups in the community. My unique upbringing and life experiences have led to a fulfilling communications career that marries my passion for equity and justice with ensuring there is room at the table for all voices in making decisions. As a member of the Auburn School Board, I will be a bridge from the community and living room into the classrooms and boardroom by helping create stronger ties between the school board and district stakeholders.
- My interest in preserving and improving the quality of our school system is personal. My daughter has attended the Auburn School District since kindergarten and will start middle school this fall.
- K-12 funding is genuinely complex. I can help influence and sustain the fiscal health of the district and where voter taxpayer money is spent as we simultaneously continue to experience enrollment growth and the impacts of the COVID-19 global health crisis.
- I believe in high-quality public education for all current and future students PreK-12 in Auburn School District regardless of race, gender, religion, linguistic or learning ability, nationality, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. As ASD will soon need a new strategic plan, now is the time to ensure students, families, staff and community voice are part of the plan, including how the Racial Equity policy is lived in action each day.